Optometrist Job Posting
Reach your potential with galen eye centre
We are looking for passionate and invested Optometrists to join our growing team. We want you to experience the best professional development opportunities first hand and we are committed to ensuring our teams reach their full individual potential whilst we work together to provide a gold standard in Glaucoma care.
Our shared goal:
- Provide the highest quality of Eye Care services
- Develop strong and personal relationships with your patients whilst subscribing to the GEC culture and values
- Get involved, be an active team player, when we collaborate – our potential is limitless
Your varied Schedule will include (but is in no way limited to):
- Performing full and comprehensive eye and contact lens exams to all types of patients including a large pediatric and geriatric population
- Manage patient care with ophthalmology to support initiatives and practices according to individual patient needs
- Diagnose and wholly manage ocular disease including initiating patient referrals for those who need it
- Provide post-operative care for cataract surgery patients
- Triage, address and treat ocular emergencies
So that you have the all the support you need on a day to day basis, you will be working alongside an exceptional professional team. You will also have access to further training and guidance from our Clinical Services Team, including some of the most internationally respected surgeons and ophthalmologists in the industry.
What we offer you:
In return, you’ll receive a wide range of benefits such as:
- Flexibility We want to work out a balance that suits you and are open to understanding your needs
- Culture we work hard at making Galen Eye Centre a welcoming environment for all our team members. Your voice not only counts, but is crucial to the growth and success of our business
- Technology we will give you access to some of the most advanced tech out there today
- Professional Growth we are looking to make a long-term investment in you, and we will provide you with the progression and training opportunities in order to make you shine. Some of our initiatives include weekly clinics for Residents to improve on various skill sets and JCAHPO certification for our different team members sponsored by our medical director, Dr. Jinapriya
- Upward mobility much of our team is promoted from within, if you have the desire to grow your responsibilities, we will work with you to create the opportunity
- Compensation competitive salary and full benefits package
- Opportunity to increase compensation based on ongoing performance
Skills and Experience
- You have your doctor of optometry and comply with all optometry and professional guidelines in Ontario, Canada.
- The ability and means to travel between two satellite locations (9 km apart)
- You have a “Patient first” mentality, you understand what is best for the patient, is best for us as a practice.
- You have strong optical knowledge and are eager to share your ideas with our team
- You have an “all for one” approach to tasks. We are looking to delivery genuine eye care in the best way we possibly can and we know it takes all members of a practice to get us there.
- You are respectful of others’ ideas and individuality both in the workplace and with our patients
- You can manage your time, have an appreciation for the details and bring your A game to work
- You are passionate and highly motivated, you love what you do and are eager to learn more
Join us as a full or Part time Optometrist, Galen Eye Centre is setting the standards for Optometry in Canada and Internationally, and we want you with us